A proud South Australian who grew up in the Adelaide Hills, Breanna Hargrave transferred from Athletics to Track cycling as a 28-year-old following testing conducted by the Australian Institute of Sport. Breanna’s dream is to represent Australia on the biggest stage and to win Gold at the Olympic Games.
Aside from cycling Breanna also runs a Physiotherapy Practice, Active Edge Physiotherapy & Massage. Being a physio has given her a unique understanding of the body so that she can support her training with all the necessary recovery techniques to allow her to compete at the highest level. For fun she loves to surf and spend time with her family.
Now at the age of 39 Breanna is closer than ever to realizing her dream. Her story is about chasing dreams through persistence, resilience and hard work.
• 2 x Bronze Medallist at the Commonwealth Games
• 5 x National Champion
• 19 x National Medallist
• 6 x Oceania Medallist
• 2 x Bronze Medallist International Track Series – Omnium
• Winner of the Australian 6 Day Omnium Series
• Winner of the UCI Womens Madison International Cycle Fest Bundaberg
• Winner of the UCI Womens Keirin International Cycle Fest Bundaberg
• 3 x South Australian State Road Champion
• 2nd Place Japan Cup Road Race
• Breaking Anna Meares’ Track Record in the 500m Time Trial at the Adelaide Superdrome